1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God and that He has preserved it.
2. We believe that there is one God, the source, support, and end of all things, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His Virgin Birth; in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the Father's right hand, and in His personal return for His saints and with His saints at the Revelation.
4. We believe that man is totally depraved, a sinner (lost) by nature and by divine decree, therefore in need of the convicting and regenerating ministry of the Holy Spirit.
5. We believe in the personality of Satan, in his power and kingdom, in his wiles, in his judgment at the cross, and his eternal destruction in Hell.
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, that He convicts the sinner, regenerates the one who believes, indwells, seals, instructs, reproves, and guides the believer, that He fills and controls every life that is wholly yielded to Him, however, the manifestation of any particular filling is not required as evidence of salvation.
7. We believe that salvation is the gift of God offered to man by His grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
8. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saved unto life and the unsaved unto judgment and everlasting damnation.
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, not in the organized unity sought by the ecumenical movement.
10. We believe in the special creation of the existing space-time universe and all its basic systems and kinds of organisms in the six literal days of the creation week and in the full historicity and perspicuity of the biblical record of primeval history, including the literal existence of Adam and Eve as the progenitors of all people, the literal fall and resultant divine curse on the creation, the worldwide cataclysmic deluge, and the origin of nations and languages at the tower of Babel.
1. The Florida Council of Private Colleges, Inc. holds that the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees citizens the freedom to practice their faith in daily living.
2. The Florida Council of Private Colleges, Inc. uses solely the wording of the Authorized King James Bible 1611 to conduct its affairs, and to mediate any differences of opinion which may arise with member private faith-based institutions to provide for consistency, and to avoid possible confusion. This does not mean that we do not recognize the right of our members to value and use other translations of the Bible.
3. The Florida Council of Private Colleges, Inc. recognizes and acknowledges that their doctrinal statement does not represent the total doctrinal statement or position of its member private, faith based institutions.
The Florida Council of Private Colleges welcomes institutions to consider the benefits of membership. The purpose of the FCPC is to serve private, degree granting, faith based institutions that provide quality faith based education.